Tuesday, October 24, 2017

What I believe about God, religion, etc.

Some ask what I believe when it comes to religion. This is what I believe. I am a follower of the teachings of Yeshua a.k.a. Jesus Christ (not that white dude with blue eyes and a mullet). I am not a traditional Christian. I do not believe infinite God can be trapped within a book; although I believe with my whole heart that The Bible is an inspired collection of writings. I do not believe that the modern format of Christianity has very much to do with God or His messiah, but there are beautiful churches out there seeking the face of God. I believe that God is God alone. Jesus is the son of God and NEVER claimed to be God godself and it's idoltry to call Jesus God. The Holy Spirt is an aspect of God that dwells with us and in us. I believe that God has spoken to every group on this earth and ALL people have access to God, and religion is an expression of our desire to understand what is holy, supernatural, moral, and unknown. Because we are human, our ideas can become perverse, controlling, manipulating, and sometimes violent. This does not diminish the greatest of God but highlights the pettiness of people. My life experiences have shown me that things are not always as it seems. I have encountered paranormal things that could not be easily explained; so, life can be complicated indeed. I do not believe in reincarnation, witchcraft, a pantheon of gods, vibrarions, auras, the zodiac, or numerology, but I am open to listening to and understanding the belief systems of others. Christianity is the only major religion that has ever resonated with me so I respect but do not subscribe to the teachings of Islam, Hinduism, or Buddhism. I respect spiritual systems of my anscestors and understand what whites have demonized are not evil arts at all but alluded their understanding so they deemed it devilish not divine.  I've also accepted that my beliefs expand, change, and deepen over time. I am a work in progress and I trust God will reveal more and more each day.

This is what I believe. What do you beleive?

Want to read more about Violette? Visit VioletteMeier.com

No comments:

Post a Comment