Thursday, October 16, 2014

Am I Fruitful or Fruit Cake?



http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20606331,00.html

My younger brother shared a video with me of T.D. Jakes talking about the need for people to be productive.  His message was short and sweet.  He highlighted that God’s first commandment to humanity was to be fruitful.  He also pointed out that the reason there is so much discontent in the world is because they are not living their purpose , are unproductive, and are uncreative; thus, are living contrary to their nature.  Bishop Jakes left me contemplating my life. 
Am I truly being fruitful?  I know I’ve birthed three babies, but I know my contribution to humanity has to be more than blessing the world with my children.  Don’t get me wrong.  Humanity has been and will be bettered because of them, but they are individual souls who are destined to walk their own paths and find their own purpose.  My soul needs accomplishments of its own.  So I ask myself, am I productive enough?  Am I living to my fullest potential?  Am I using all the gifts that God has given me?  I ask myself these questions periodically to see if I have been on a steady path to accomplishing my objectives.  Sometimes I burst with pride when I review all my accomplishments.  At other times, I am racked with disappointment in myself because I have not reached the goals that I set by my age.  I try to remain optimistic, but sometimes it is difficult to remain on a dream trip when reality keeps slapping me awake.  I am forced to ask myself, "Am I fruitful or a fruit cake for believing in a dream that is taking so long to come to fruition?"  Whatever the case may be, I choose to push on and keep on believing that I will be everything that I said I will be.  I am the oracle of my own life, and I see visions of grand success by the creativity of my mind and the work of my own hands.  I will keep the faith and keep on keeping on, at least for today! J

No comments:

Post a Comment