Friday, June 5, 2015

Feeling Good

                The older I get the more I learn to appreciate the small things like: seeing my children roll down a hill, laying in the grass and watching the clouds float, laughing at my mother’s off colored jokes, dancing until I hear my thighs clap, creating new literary characters, making love in the morning to the man I adore; these are the things that I have learned to appreciate.  I no longer give energy to foolery.  Life is way too short and I am determined to be happy.  All of my dreams haven’t come to fruition; yet.  I know they will.  I can feel it in my bones.  Life is full of unforeseen circumstances, but I will let the cards fall where they may and play the hand that I’m dealt like a freaking boss.  Like Nina Simone sings, “It’s a new dawn.  It’s a new day.  It’s a new life for me, and I’m feeling good!”

To learn more about Violette, visit www.violettemeier.com

No comments:

Post a Comment