Monday, November 16, 2015

Don't Give Into Media Madness!


Most of the news in America is so slanted that it is perverse.  What happened to unbiased reporting that highlighted the facts on all sides of the issue?  Now most of the news is nothing more than agenda driven edited clips whose entire purpose is to manipulate the masses.  I get so weary of watching the news, reading the news, hearing the news.  The only reason I continue is in hopes that I can discern the truth through all the mucky foolery surrounding it to understand what's really going on in the world.

It is understandable that all people have opinions and our own way of viewing things, but the job of journalism is to present all sides of an issue and report on the unadulterated truth. Why not let people draw their own conclusions and form their own opinions?  Do the powers that be think the masses are too stupid to think for themselves so they must think for them?

This morning I was listening to News Radio 106.7 in Atlanta, and they were speaking about the heinous terrorist attacks that occurred in Paris.  A Muslim person made a comment that true Islam did not represent violence and all religions had aspects of violence.  Then, a woman responded that it was untrue and no one ever heard of Presbyterians bombing (I’m paraphrasing here).  I could’ve fell out of the passenger side of my car when they allowed that to be the last word of the discussion as if the woman was making a valid point.  All I could think is, “Lady, are you kidding me?”  I am a Christian, but anyone who has ever picked up a book, read a newspaper, lived in this world knows that just about EVERY religion has been responsible for some sort violence.  Horrific acts such as trans-Atlantic slavery, colonization, the extermination of Native Americans, the Spanish Inquisitions, the Crusades, The KKK, bombing of abortion clinics are under the belt of “so called” Christianity alone.  Not to mention that Hitler was given the title Reich Bishop over a protestant sect of German Christians when he was exterminating the Jews.  And I’m sure ignorant people everywhere were high-fiving each other when that clueless woman made her dumb butt comment on the radio.

My intention is not to defame Christianity, but to point out how stupid it is to generalize an entire group over the crimes of a few and how even more stupid it is for the media to perpetuate this foolishness! 

My intention is also not to minimize the horror that was done to the people of Paris.  The terrorist should be found and exterminated so that justice can be served.  I would also like to offer my sincerest condolences to the families that suffered because the unforgivable acts of evil extremist.

Until the mass media begins to seek truth instead of agenda, I implore you to think for yourself and take everything you see, hear, and read with a grain of salt. Remember to love hard and live free. I’m out! 

To learn more about Violette, visit www.violettemeier.com

3 comments:

  1. So true, when I got the chance to study Christianity in school, I was amazed at how many violent wars and death that was caused by Christianity and many other religions. But like most people we only believe what we are told and never look for the truth.

    ReplyDelete