Thursday, April 28, 2016

Goodnight Sweet Prince


Seven days ago the greatest musical artist who has ever walked this earth, at least in my eyes, left this world.  Prince Rogers Nelson baffled the world with his sudden passing on April 21, 2016.  It was a bittersweet day for me because his death date is my youngest daughter’s birthday.  That was the only thing that brought me joy on such a dark and gloomy day.  My mind could not wrap around his passing.

When I heard the news, my heart stopped.  It was impossible.  His royal badness dead?  There would be no more Camille, Jamie Starr, Joey Coco, Christopher, Alexander Nevermind, or 

No!  No!  No!  

Secretly, I thought he would live to be 150 years old or maybe he was an immortal.  Prince was surreal, magical, and titillating.  He embodied pure unadulterated sexual power, musical genius, iconic style, cheeky wit, perpetual controversy, and unprecedented talent.  No one could give you the side eye like Prince.  No man in the world could be prettier than you and still make your heart swoon.  It was a blessing to share a lifetime with such an influential person.  He was the king of rock, pop, funk, and soul.  His music and I had the greatest romance that's ever been sold.  Prince was all that and three bags of chips!  

Needless to say, my heart was shredded into a pulp of crimson tears.  Never will there be another like him.  He was my muse, a master lyricist, my artistic inspiration, a true sexy MF who could make you work up a black sweat.  The doves are crying and the world is going crazy as his death circulates in the morning papers.  He was pure gold worth more than diamonds and pearls.  Who else could make you get off then sing about the Christ?  Although he could never take the place of your man, he was insatiable and positively scandalous.  My pillow was soft and wet with tears because death was the thief in his temple.  Damn you for dying and leaving the world in such a void!  I guess I just gotta let it go.  My emotions have gone around the world in a day mourning the beautiful one.  I hope he entered heaven wearing pink cashmere. Prince, I truly adore you. Nothing compares to you.  Be at peace playing your tambourine in God's sanctuary. I know that you are laughing in the purple rain.

In his honor, I promise to strive to be a prolific a writer as he was a musician.  My soul weeps for him, but my heart knows that he has transcended to a better place in space and time.  He made it to the after-world of never ending happiness where the sun is shining day and night. 

Shine bright sweet Prince.  Someday I will meet you in the light.

If you would like to know more about Violette, visit www.violettemeier.com.

4 comments:

  1. Really moving...loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pardon my language,but FUCKIN wow. Great blog, about one of life's greatest artistic ICON'S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice poetic work Violette! I graduated yesterday and Prince was our first celebration song. He is truly missed!

    ReplyDelete