Thursday, September 15, 2016

TV and Me!


There is so much going on in the world.  Politics are nerve wrecking.  Social issues are getting more and more evident (which is a great thing).  Money is hard to come by.  Relationships are always hard.  Despite all of these things, I have found the best way to wind down. TV!

Is it me or is TV so much better than movies now?  TV writing has gotten so good over the past decade.  I turn on my DVR and don’t know where to start first; not to mention my Netflix and Hulu watch list.  I sit hypnotized as the scene flash before my eyes as I laugh, cry, cringe, at my favorite character.  I dream that one day one of my books will inspire a TV show.  When my day is over, I can’t wait to climb into bed with my remote control in my hand and flip through my options.  It’s my way of escaping horrid news stories, my kids asking me a million questions, social media, and…

Ok, I’m not being serious.  TV rocks, but watching too much TV makes my brain ache.  I think TV is one of America’s biggest problems.  We take advice from, form our opinions, and model our lives after fictional people whose main purpose is to sell us something.  People, let’s go back to the old days where we had deep conversations, made love at night, read books to our kids, and just danced to our favorite song.  We gotta turn off the boob tube before our intellect becomes nonexistent.  It’s fine to binge watch, I’m so guilty of it, but we must live our lives and stop worrying about the lives of entertainers we don’t know.  I promised myself that I will turn the TV off by 11pm every week night no matter what.  It seems late, but it’s not considering that I don’t have complete free time until 9pm and that my DVR is full!  It’s going to take me forever to catch up on my shows, but I figure I will be too busy enjoying my life to worry about it.  Plus the hubby and I will have time to make-out to Marvin Gaye before our midnight sleep time.  Let’s get it on!

Enjoy your life.  You only have one life to live.  

Remember to love hard and live free!

Want to know more about Violette?  Go to www.violettemeier.com

1 comment: